In part one of my recap, I shared several JDE customer success stories, journey maps and announcements from the JD Edwards keynote and roadmap sessions at Collaborate 19 (I also included links to the recordings and presentations).
Here’s part two, where I’m highlighting my favorite moments and activities including CE product & service innovations, more customer success stories, unique product giveaways made by companies who run JD Edwards and lively entertainment that helped make #C19TX an amazing conference experience.
CE Customer Stories & Educational Highlights
Andy’s content-rich presentation 9.2 Business Motivators to (Continuously) Upgrade to E1 9.2 was a great way to kick off the week – and I was joined by a room full of other JDE attendees who thought the same. Using current digital transformation trends and data, we explored the latest JDE tools, technologies and capabilities that are available and how to align them with specific business needs. This session was very cool because it was designed to be easily customizable and as a helpful resource to present internally when considering an upgrade or leveraging new features. Andy also gave me a surprise shout-out when he shared the updated JDE E1 9.2 Capabilities Whitepaper 😊
One of CE’s customer case study sessions featured Patrick Gallagher from Brookfield Properties Retail and Tonio Thomas who led us through goals and keys to success of Brookfield’s journey to the Cloud and application upgrade to 9.2. We learned how Brookfield managed testing and retrofitting, as well as how they are leveraging the latest JDE tools to improve user experiences and stay code current.
In another customer case study session, Tonio joined Leo Gould from Lutron Electronics to highlight how their decision to go back on Oracle maintenance positioned them for a successful 9.2 Tools upgrade including the latest UDOs and features they can leverage to “light up” the E1 user experience. Leo also shared Lutron’s plans to move forward with an applications upgrade and analysis of their customizations and integrations footprint (hopefully we learn more at #C20LV!).
During the interactive, fun and hands-on Starter Kit: Groovy Scripting for the Citizen Developer session, we explored the fundamentals and advanced programming features of groovy scripting, as well as the essentials for creating orchestrations and notifications. Through demos and real-world examples, Shoaib Javed walked us through several use cases with the JDE Orchestrator and even provided a handout for us to take home and practice on our own. (FYI – this handout is now available as a downloadable CE resource)
During Eliminate JDE Batch Job Challenges with Smart Scheduler, Tonio demonstrated how Smart Scheduler was not only built to overcome the limitations of the standard JDE scheduler, but also to take enterprise scheduling to the next level with advanced features such as stream dependencies, notifications and actions & conditions. We took a test drive through exciting new Smart Scheduler features (Promotion Utility, Mobile App, Batch Server and Job Queue Load Balancing and Multiple Schedules for Streams) and new add-ons (User-Submitted Jobs & Smart Build Package Automation). We also got a sneak peek of what’s next: Call E1 Orchestrations, High Availability for Engine and Email Work Center Messages.
After hearing a lot about automating business processes, orchestrations and low-code/no-code tools during the JDE keynote and other educational sessions, I was excited to explore what else is possible – especially with one of CE’s newest innovations, AtomIQ. During Business Processes Automation in JDE using AtomIQ, Shoaib gave a live demo of its workload automation, scheduling, notification and integration capabilities and how Citizen Developers are able to create complex orchestrations in just a few steps. We also explored several use cases including personalized dashboards, month-end close automation, widgets for work orders and more.
Further, CE showcased our award-winning Integrated ERP/CX Digital Experiences and CX Cloud Add-Ons during The Magic of JDE & CPQ. CE also hosted the annual JDE & CX Roundtable, where several JDE customers joined to share the tools, technologies and approaches they are leveraging to overcome common ERP/CX challenges.
#GoodTimesWithJDE #GoodTimesWithCE #GoodTimesWithQuest
A few more of my favorite highlights:
- Innovative product giveaways made by companies running JDE (and the fun taglines we created):
- Move JDE Forward Faster with a Custom Tesla by Radio Flyer & CE
- Sleep Better with Casper Glow & Smart Scheduler
- Orchestrate the Perfect Sound to Your ERP with Sennheiser PXC 500 & AtomIQ
- Unique dueling piano & dinner experience with 100+ JDE friends at Howl at the Moon on the River Walk (a special thank you to our partners ALLOut Security, Avalara, Canon, Innovus Partners & Essentio)
- The playful, friendly and adorable Sienna the Sloth, who along with Jennie from Zoomagination joined the CE team during Tuesday’s reception
- Connecting with so many JDE customers at Speed Networking
- CE expanded our partnership with Quest to become Platinum Elite Members for the first time
- Our huge, bright video wall at the CE booth, separate Smart Scheduler & AtomIQdemo stations and I Heart JDE astronauts
This was definitely one of my most favorite Collaborate conferences yet and I do hope you will join CE & friends at JD Edwards InFocus, August 20-22 in Denver and Collaborate 2020, April 19-23 in Las Vegas.
Additionally, full presentation slide decks from CE sessions are available to JDE customers upon request. Should you wish to request access or if you have any questions or other resource needs, please consider me at your service. I am happy to help!
CE Product & Service Innovations Showcased at C19TX
- Smart Help: Skill-Based SWAT Teams & Resources
- JDE Functional & Process Improvement: Find Your Functional Rhythm
- Smart Help for International Business: Realize Your Global JDE Roadmap
- Smart Help for JDE Managed Services: Scale Your IT & Functional Teams
- JDESign: Digitize Your JD Edwards with eSignatures
- Lift, Shift & Manage: Upgrade Your Way Across Any Cloud
- Smart Scheduler: Eliminate JDE Batch Job Challenges
- Smart Scheduler Add-Ons: User Submitted Jobs & Package Automation
- AtomIQ: Business Process Automation & Information Agility in JDE
- AutoXCHNG: Automated FOREX Management for JDE
- JD Edwards & Oracle CX: Integrated ERP/CX Digital Experiences
- Oracle CX Cloud Add-Ons: Leads, CRM Adoption, Quotes & More
CE Educational Presentations: http://www.circularedge.com/collaborate/
CE Grows Quest Oracle Community Partnership: https://bit.ly/2Vo9d6V
C19 JDE Recap & Resources (includes keynote & roadmap links): http://www.circularedge.com/blog/collaborate-19-jde-recap-resources/
JDE E1 9.2 Capabilities Whitepaper: http://www.circularedge.com/resources/jde-9-2-outline/