Blueprint 4D 2023 Recap & Highlights
This year’s Blueprint 4D was all about incredible learning experiences, valuable networking opportunities, unique customer appreciation events, and connecting with new & longtime JDE and Cloud friends.
It was a special week for the CE team as well, as we celebrated 20 years of outstanding teamwork, customer success stories, and continuous product and service innovations! #CheersTo20Years
One of the ways CE experts and customers celebrated this milestone was by sharing innovative approaches, solutions, and low-code/no-code tools during multiple educational sessions.
I joined CE’s Jonathan Cobb, Arun Chhatpar, and Nitin Lakhpat to explore Supply Chain Automation & Mobility in JDE using AtomIQ, which featured a customer case study from Atrion Medical. Trent Compton and Beth Wood from Atrion also joined the session to share how the company is leveraging 60+ apps across warehousing, inventory, distribution, etc to automate processes and receive critical notifications. We also explored some of the hundreds of use cases across JDE and beyond, including PlanIQ for advanced work order scheduling and resource allocation.
After hearing the many customer stories, tools, and approaches involving automation, I was excited to learn more about the tools & technologies that make it all possible during JDE Bolt-Ons for Release 22/23. Some of the product innovations that we saw included ERPSign for integrated eSignature workflows within JDE, AtomIQ for rapidly building & deploying mobile apps, Smart Scheduler for advanced batch job scheduling automation, and Smart Build for package build automation. All of these products integrate near seamlessly with JDE, so there is little to no learning curve for users – delivering “instant ROI”!
A customer case study session featured Andy Cox, Technical ERP & Integration Manager at KIND, and Saravana Kumar, Director of JDE Strategy and Innovation at CE, who demonstrated how KIND Increases Customer and User Satisfaction through TMS Automation using Orchestrator.
Their solution included the ability to automatically update sales orders with dates and shipment numbers from Transplace and then send them to FedEx for processing – saving hours of time for customer service teams.
Another customer case study featured Vince Kelly, Director of Enterprise Systems at Phibro Animal Health and CE’s Saravana Kumar, who shared how Phibro overcame challenges with application access and compliance including a lengthy and tedious process for user certification and JDE license audits. Phibro leveraged AtomIQ, ERPSign, and ALLOut Security to Automate Annual SOX Compliance Audits, saving hundreds of hours of manual time and effort.
What are my profitable and unprofitable customers/products/services? What will be the impact on my bottom line if I cut my indirect operating expenses by x%? What financial benefit will the organization receive if we divest our unprofitable business unit?
If you have been asking yourself these questions, then perhaps It’s Time for Modern EPM to Reduce Costs and Increase Profitability. During this session, Oracle EPM Cloud experts RJ Linehan and Doug Huber gave an overview of how EPM Cloud enables connected processes and the benefits of adopting a flexible modern solution. Attendees also saw a demo of Profitability & Cost Management within Oracle EPM Cloud (PS – reach out to us if you’d like to schedule your own 1on1 demo)
Another valuable EPM-focused session included What You’ve Always Wanted to Know about Oracle EPM Cloud. RJ provided a comprehensive overview, answering What is Oracle EPM Cloud? What common challenges can it help me solve? Which business processes does it support? and other FAQs.
Many organizations today use a combination of on-premises and cloud-based business applications, taking advantage of the flexibility and ability to add new functionality. During The Coexistence Story, RJ demonstrated how Oracle EPM Cloud & HCM work together to identify and address gaps between the current workforce and future human capital needs, as well as the key features of Workforce Planning across Oracle EPM Cloud solutions.
A few more of my favorite highlights:
- A full room for the JDE Keynote session and case studies for how customers are enabling #DigitalTransformation via automation, emerging technologies, business process optimization, cloud applications, etc.
- An overview of interesting and innovative solutions planned for future JDE Apps & Tools releases
- Special Customer Appreciation Breakfast featuring classical concert violinist Dina Nesterenko-McKee (a special thank you to our partners ALLOut Security, Essentio, and Medius)
- Magician Chris Hester entertained attendees while educating them on Circular Edge Smart Help and the benefits of integration
- Meeting some impressive middle schoolers from St. Philip’s School & Community Center who asked brilliant questions about the Oracle ecosystem
- Unique BowlGames experience where we learned how to play a new sport that combines football and bowling (another special thank you to our partners ReportsNow and CloudU)
- Our expanded CE and AtomIQ island booth on Main Street features a showcase of customer stories around how companies are “overcoming obstacles to deliver more ERP value” and demo stations for AtomIQ, Smart Scheduler, ERPSign, Oracle EPM Cloud & more
- Self-guided tours at AT&T Stadium (home of the Dallas Cowboys!)
- Excellent JDE & Cloud content, success stories, and networking experienced throughout the week and at the Executive Forum
- Spending time with the CE team and our customers during educational sessions, networking events, etc.
This conference was a fun and enjoyable way to reconnect with the JDE & Cloud communities and I can’t wait to do it again at this year’s InFocus, September 27-29 in Denver and back at Blueprint 4D, May 7-10 in Dallas.
Finally, full presentation slide decks from CE sessions are available to customers upon request. Should you wish to request access or if you have any questions or other resource needs, please consider me at your service. I am happy to help!
R23 Apps & Tools Enhancements (LearnJDE): https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E84502_01/learnjde/release23.html
9.2 Capabilities Whitepaper: www.circularedge.com/resources/jde-9-2-outline/