JDE InFocus Release 23 Featured Highlights October 25, 2022 | Blog Credit: Chelsea Krieger
This week kicked off with InFocus 2022 and the official announcement of E1 Release 23, delivering innovation that enables customers to automate, optimize and transform their business processes.
As you might recall, Release 22 represents the beginning of a new naming convention for 9.2 updates, making it easier for customers to recognize when Oracle delivers new features (R22 updates delivered for the 2022 calendar year, R23 updates for the 2023 calendar year, etc).
And with 86% of JDE customers running on the latest continuous codeline and Oracle’s investment in #DigitalTransformation through at least 2033, there has perhaps never been a better time to take advantage of #ContinuousInnovation with JD Edwards #I♥JDE
PS – this also means a new version of the 9.2 Capabilities Whitepaper will soon be available including all tools, features & technologies within 9.2 Apps & Tools and 1pg Orchestrator & Tools Enhancements Overviews. If you’re not already subscribed to automatically receive the latest version, send me a message and I’ll make sure you receive your copy 😊
Here are some of the highlights from the JDE keynote & roadmap sessions and latest Apps & Tools Release 23. Stay tuned for Part 2, where I’ll recap CE and Oracle educational sessions, activities and more from InFocus 2022.
The Oracle JDE team welcomed InFocus 2022 attendees with the JDE keynote and roadmap sessions – and what an exciting way to start the week!
First, an overview of the JDE Strategy across Release 23 & beyond including how customers are extending their JDE capabilities with Cloud applications –
Then a deeper dive into Release 23 enhancements (see “What’s New” below) and an overview of the many future & planned enhancements to help customers simplify, automate & optimize their JD Edwards to drive digital transformation –
(For reference, Planned Features are targeted for release within the next 12 months, Research are >12 months)
Safe Harbor Statement – The above is intended to outline general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, timing, and pricing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products may change and remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
And finally, a quick recap of exciting Release 22 enhancements announced at #BP4D –
What’s New in Release 23
Digital Transformation & Orchestrator
- Call Orchestrations from a Workflow
- Logic Extensions: Call Directly from a Form Extension
- Aggregation Support for Logic Extensions
- Data Set Processing for Logic Extensions
- Complex Queries to the E1 Database
- Access to AIS APIs from e1pagehelper
- File Selector for Orchestrations Launched from an E1 Page
- JD Edwards Update Manager: Apply Updates via Web Client
- Web OMW Spec Object Support
- Centralized Configurations for E1 HTML Servers
- Enhanced Security for E1 Messages to Email Servers
- Provisioning New Enterprise Servers with Customized Application Package
- Publish Batch Information via API
- Password Reset Self-Service
- TLS Support for DB Communication
- Enhanced Authentication for Data Access through DAD Driver
- Automatically Identify & Manage Oracle Database Connection State
- Improved Performance of Workloads with Oracle Database
- Address Book Map
- Allow Attachments per Company (Line of Business) in Customer Master
- Consider All of a User’s Roles when Unmasking Bank Account Numbers
- JVM Distribution Detail Voids Using a Batch Process
- Ability to Match Additional Lines of Vendor Invoices using VMA
- Improved Data Quality in Purchase Date Revisions
- Enabling Outbound Interoperability in Purchase Receipts Inquiry
- Provision to Contribute to Social Security Cost for Services
- Option to Print Component Item Substitutes
- Default Work Order Routing Operation Status for Outside Processing Receipts
- Filter Data by Next Status when Using the Real-Time Event Filter Program
- Recalculate Rebates Based on Original Currency Exchange Rate
- Display Open Requisitions on Employee Org Chart
Ready explore these features in-depth and realize your full JDE potential?
Our resources have been helping customers overcome obstacles to deliver more ERP value for almost 20 years now across all areas of JDE, Oracle CX, Cloud & beyond including Release 23 upgrades, Orchestrator, project support, production/end user support, CNC & E1 managed services, staff augmentation, transition services, development & integrations and so much more.
Contact us to learn how we can help you achieve the same by making our 200+ skills and resources available in whichever way best fits your needs.
#InFocus2022 Attendees – Catch CE educational sessions and experts throughout the week and stop by the CE virtual booth to ask questions or to just say “hi!”
JD Edwards Release 23 Announcement: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E84502_01/learnjde/release23.html
Circular Edge JDE E1 9.2 Capabilities Whitepaper: http://www.circularedge.com/resources/jde-9-2-outline/
Circular Edge Educational Sessions, Experts & Activities at InFocus: https://www.circularedge.com/infocus22