JD Edwards Keynote June 6, 2022 | Photo Credit: Andy Chase
It was also a remarkable week for the CE team featuring our expanded exhibit presence as a Quest Elite Partner, a re-energizing VIP customer appreciation event, new & flagship CE product and service innovations, customer stories and so much more.
Continuous Waves of Innovation
The week kicked off with the JD Edwards keynote, highlighting 45 years of continuous innovation through the many ERP trends from basic transactional systems to digital & intelligent.
(Fun fact: one of the giveaways at the CE booth was an “I ♥ JDE” beach ball which unknowingly played into the “waves” theme 🌊 😉)
Gary Greishaber and Paul Houtkooper reaffirmed Oracle’s commitment to not only supporting JD Edwards, but continuously enhancing its applications, tools, technologies and frameworks through AT LEAST 2033. This is great news for JDE customers, with 86% of the community on 9.2 who benefit from a rolling 10 years of Premier Support.
The keynote also highlighted several real-life examples of how customers are “riding the digital wave.”
- US Silica automates business processes to gain a competitive advantage, transform the way they do business, help their people work smarter & more productively and build better relationships with customers and suppliers while leveraging data to make informed decisions.
- Ford Meter Box leverages orchestrations to minimize human errors and speed up the pace of manufacturing processes while empowering its remote workforce with mobile applications.
- Certified Origins is reducing operational costs to create a more transparent supply chain using Orchestrator, Blockchain technology and mobile applications to improve the exchange of critical business data.
After hearing these innovative customer solutions, I was excited to attend the JDE roadmap session to get a sneak peek at future planned enhancements that will realize even more customer successes –
More new features within Release 22 are expected to be delivered in June, which will also lead to an updated version of the 9.2 Capabilities Whitepaper. Request the latest version here to receive it once available.
As a bonus, we also got a sneak peek at Release 23! 🎉
Safe Harbor Statement – The above is intended to outline general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, timing, and pricing of any features or functionality described for Oracle’s products may change and remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
CE Customer Stories & Educational Highlights
Continuing the theme of #ContinuousInnovation, CE educational sessions highlighted the ways JDE customers are overcoming obstacles, delivering more ERP value and automating, optimizing & transforming their businesses.
CE’s Tonio Thomas and Abhishek Kanungo demonstrated several product innovations and use cases during JDE Bolt-Ons for Release 22 which featured Smart Scheduler for advanced batch job scheduling automation, Smart Build for package build automation, ERPSign for integrated eSignature workflows within JDE and Cerberus Self-Service Password Reset. All of these products integrate near seamlessly with JDE, so there is little to no learning curve for users – delivering “instant ROI”!
Then, it was time to find out What’s New in Release 22 for Supply Chain. Led by sAchin cHoudhari, Saravana Kumar and Nitin Lakhpat, this educational session highlighted many of the applications and tools enhancements delivered within Release 22 across:
- Procurement – Foreign Currency, PO Templates, Receipt Routing, Advance Pricing
- Manufacturing – MDM, Where Used & Employee Visualizations
- Technical Tips – Call Orchestrations from E1 Page, Form Extensions, Batch Jobs, Search & Select Grid, etc.
- Shopfloor & Warehousing with AtomIQ & Release 22
During Digitize Your Supply Chain, Nitin Lakhpat and Arun Chhatpar introduced 75+ out of box solutions available within AtomIQ to help customers overcome common supply chain challenges across Order to Delivery, Procure to Pay, etc. There were also live demos featuring PO Approvals, Pick/Pack/Ship, PO Receipts, Cycle Counts and Workflow Engine (and there’s even more that we didn’t have time to see!)
An exciting announcement – AtomIQ now supports enterprise-grade, cross-platform, time-critical notifications using text, phone, in-app, email and webhook. An additional feature is that these notifications can be sent and received no matter where the user is located 📲
One customer success story session featured Tuff Shed’s AP Automation Journey. Tuff Shed is an industry-leading shed manufacturer who has continuously delivered upon their commitment to product quality and innovation for more than 40 years. We learned how the company rapidly deployed Medius‘ cloud-based AP automation solution alongside Orchestrator for integrating with JDE to achieve easier invoice retention while reducing total workflow time for their users.
PS – Catch this recent replay featuring David Pott, Controller at Tuff Shed
In the final session of the week, Nitin joined Oracle’s Ervin Rhodes for an update on Oracle’s mobile strategy and panel discussion on Orchestrating Mobile Applications. Nitin shared AtomIQ’s low-code/no-code platform that customers can leverage to rapidly build and deploy their own mobile apps, as well as benefit from 75+ available out-of-box solutions across their entire supply chain (among many other use cases too!)
A few more of my favorite highlights:
- Special JDE Networking Dinner, TopGolf & DJ After Party experience with 200+ JDE friends overlooking Las Vegas (a special thank you to our partners Medius & ALLOut Security)
- Our expanded CE and AtomIQ island booth at the intersection of Main Street featuring ways customers can leverage Smart Help to “overcome obstacles & deliver more ERP value” and demo stations for AtomIQ, Smart Scheduler, ERPSign & more
- Hands-on barcode scanning demos with AtomIQ’s latest solution (including eye-catching hard hats and construction vests!)
- Sharing CE’s latest resources including the *new* JDE Improvement & Modernization Survey, 9.2 Capabilities Whitepaper, 1pg Orchestrator Enhancements Overview, Release 22 In A Day replays & more
- Dancing the night away “from Bollywood to Hollywood” with special guest DJ sAchin at TopGolf and Wednesday Night Attendee Party at Hakkasan Night Club
- Exclusive $2K Total Cash Prize Giveaway for Three Lucky JDE Customers #JDEPays #ShowMeTheMoney
- Spending time with the CE team and our customers during educational sessions, networking events, etc.
This conference was a fun and enjoyable way to reconnect with the JDE community and I can’t wait to do it again virtually at this year’s InFocus, October 24-27 and in-person at Blueprint 4D, May 8-11 in Dallas, TX.
PS – Save up to 60% off your InFocus 2022 virtual conference pass when you register by June 30*. More details via Quest: https://questoraclecommunity.org/events/conferences/infocus/
Finally, full presentation slide decks from CE sessions are available to JDE customers upon request. Should you wish to request access or if you have any questions or other resource needs, please consider me at your service. I am happy to help!
CE Product & Service Innovations Showcased at BP4D
- Access to Technical/Functional/CNC/3rd Party Skills with Smart Help On Demand
- Scale & Supplement Your IT/Functional Teams via CNC & E1 Managed Services
- Transition, Production & Project Continuity with Smart Help Transition+
- Fill In The Gaps with Our Direct Staff Resources via Smart Help Staff Aug+
- Integrated eSignatures & Workflow Automation with ERPSign
- Rapidly Build & Deploy LC/NC Mobile Apps with AtomIQ
- Gap Analysis & EnterpriseOne (E1) Optimization with Smart Help
- Eliminate JD Edwards Batch Job Challenges with Smart Scheduler
- Manage E1 On the Go with Server Manager Mobile App
- Automate Package Builds & Deploys with Smart Build
- Self Service Password Reset with Cerberus
- Orchestrator, Integrated ERP/CX Digital Experiences & More
Release 23 Preview & Quick Tour: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E84502_01/learnjde/release23.html#release-23
JDE E1 9.2 Capabilities Whitepaper: www.circularedge.com/resources/jde-9-2-outline/
CE Engages the JD Edwards User Community to Highlight Customer Innovations: https://www.prweb.com/releases/circular_edge_engages_the_oracle_jd_edwards_user_community_to_highlight_customer_innovations/prweb18714688.htm