Revised recently, this list started last year in theory as a Top 10 and grew quickly once we collected inputs from our practice leaders & JDE customers. Whether negotiating your next MSP renewal or exploring on demand support or managed services for the first time, hopefully your team finds some value in this analysis as you look to realize a successful & innovative long-term remote support partnership.
Why JDE customers might want to consider changing MSPs…
- Lack of Flexibility– Your MSP holds you to the contract even if the needs of your business or industry change, always willing to add scope but never willing to reduce scope, not even during the recent pandemic! (avoiding ‘Churn’ is more important to them then supporting your success)
- Use it or lose it Baby! – Your MSP profits from your slow periods and seasons, charging fixed fees even when you do not use the service, then during peak periods you pay overage fees
- Reactive Support vs Proactive Monitoring – Your MSP isn’t utilizing tools like LynX monitoring to enable more proactive support versus the snowball effect of reactive support and constantly tending to unnecessary fire drills
- Nickle & Diming on Extra Fees – Your MSP charges excessive rate multipliers for off hours help and support and/or they raise your support costs every year
- Strict Scope Parameters – Only certain E1/CNC activities are covered in your contract, while related activities are billed separately T&M (package builds, database refreshes, ESUs, etc)
- Subpar Resources – You know more about JDE than the people assigned to help you – seriously!?!?
- Turnover of Key Talent and Resources– Your MSP keeps losing your go-to support resources
- Lack of Desired Skills – Your MSP isn’t able or willing to help you with industry specific Functional support, or perhaps with your Development, 3rd Party & Technical / Tools related needs
- Not Providing Strategic Solutions – Your MSP isn’t able or willing to help you conduct critical discovery sessions and identify ideal JDE enhancements & 3rd party solutions that solve organizational challenges & help you achieve growth objectives
- No Skills Enablement – Your MSP isn’t teaching you how to be self-sufficient in the areas you are capable of supporting or handling yourself
- No Documentation/KT – Your MSP isn’t delivering adequate documentation to facilitate smooth knowledge transfer for your staff by providing clarity of business support operations & IT workflows
- Response Time Inconsistency – Your MSP isn’t able to respond in a reasonable time period across all Low, Medium & High priority tickets
- Missing 24×7 or Global Support Coverage – You’re in good hands as long as issues occur during business hours and say before 2pm on business days; or, perhaps as a multi-national company you struggle to get adequate TLC and localization expertise from your MSP
- Automation Avoidance – Your MSP isn’t giving you automation tools like Smart Build or Cerberus to increase efficiencies and reduce your costs associated with time and labor spent building and deploying packages or resetting passwords
- Not Playing well with Others – Your MSP isn’t willing to operate in a shared responsibility or On Demand Support model that allows you to pick and choose the areas you would like to execute by using your own team or other resources of your choice
- High Entry Point / High Costs – Your MSP wants upfront commitments and long-term renewals binding you to a minimum number of FTEs or higher number of hours making it difficult to reap benefits of remote support or managed services while still controlling costs
- Watered Down ‘Core’ Expertise – Your MSP says they are a JDE shop, but their support operations are divided giving attention to SAP, NetSuite and other ERPs, limiting their focus on JDE while assigning ERP-neutral infrastructure, database & network resources to solve your problems
- Acquisition Heavy – Your MSP was recently acquired … unfortunately for some, once they’ve found a great boutique or purpose-built service offering, that MSP is acquired and then consolidated with other MSPs which can result in months or years of interrupted SLAs, turnover of key resources, account management disruptions, new unfavorable contact terms, higher costs, etc
- Innovation Still Not Coming to Fruition – Most organizations today are under pressure to innovate and transform their business, and many who hire MSPs do so for that very purpose, yet sadly, some of those who have outsourced to an MSP are still not innovating – how can this be?
- E1 Optimization Avoidance – Your MSP seems content riding the wave of your antiquated ERP system rather than partnering with your organization to facilitate demos & knowledge sessions, providing Gap Analysis and E1 Optimization services, that help engage and equip your stakeholders to understand, evaluate, prioritize, and then modernize E1 so as to transform your ERP capabilities through Continuous Adoption, Automation & Mobility
#JDEdwards Customers –If you can relate to even just a handful of these scenarios Contact Circular Edge today to learn about Smart Help On Demand Support and Managed Services, our 2x Award Winning Customer Success Formula designed to put the needs of the customer first. Smart Help clients can Tap Into Over 160 Direct Staff Functional & Technical Resources On Demand while maintaining elasticity and flexibility as the needs of your business change.
#OracleJDE #EnterpriseOne #JDE #JDEdwards #E1 #Innovate #ERP #Cloud #RPA #Chatbots #Mobile #IoT #UXOne #SmartHelp #ContinuousInnovation #YouMakeItHappen